Plessey Semiconductors Ltd has a rich history of innovation and technology and is challenging the limits of current technology to provide its customers with the next generation of lighting. Working with more than 50 OEMs, Plessey provides end users with integrated and intelligent solid state lighting solutions for a number of lighting platforms and applications.
Plessey GaN-on-Silicon technology can create LEDS with integrated components including drivers, sensors and primary optics that allow for smart lighting solutions. The product portfolio offers lighting OEMs the opportunity to differentiate with “game changing” fixture designs.
Plessey’s GaN-on-Silicon technology provides a 10x cost advantage and, when combined with the thermal performance, flexible form factor and chip scale optics, leads to 50% cost savings in the end application.
We are combining our expertise in the semiconductor industry with our design skills to create innovations such as:
- Developing low-cost, high-power single-chip LEDs for demanding outdoor and commercial lighting applications.
- Simplifying LED lighting module design and manufacture with compact beam forming technologies.
- Creating horticultural lighting to ensure greenhouses are more productive for growers and enabling new forms of indoor, intensive and urban farming.
- Providing sensing technology through EPIC™ – Electric Potential Integrated Circuit, used in a number of health and well-being applications.
- Delivering human-centric spectral lighting innovations for 24/7 workers.
Plessey embraces a strong culture of working in a learning environment coupled with the continued development of skills and expertise, allowing our employees to develop as professionals and to transfer their new knowledge into the business, enabling us to produce new technologies and products for the world of commerce.